Love & War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Love & War

A webfourm for the collab comic Love & War on Smackjeeves.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inspiration???

Go down 
+4
CheeseIshGude
psyco_kid_360
Yumaii-Arume
Bellaluna
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bellaluna

Bellaluna

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 3:31 pm

So who inspires your art/stories?

For me I love Yuu Watase, Clamp and Arina Tanemura! Their art is so fantastic! I especially love Arina Tanemura's style with the big eyes and awesome clothes designs.

I'm also really inspired by Hiro on SmackJeeves. I've followed her web mangas since my freshman year in high school. I love her style and I would die to get coloring skills like hers. I swear I'm constantly trying to figure out how she colors. XP

So how about you guys?
Back to top Go down
Yumaii-Arume
Admin
Yumaii-Arume

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 3:59 pm

OMG! I love Yuu Watase, and Arina Tanemura!

But, I think Arina Tanemura inspires me the most. She's an excellent artist and her stories are pure poetry! She's great at meshing her charcters stories. I can't rant enough about her. And I love the screentoning done in her manga I really want to be able to screen tone as creatively!

Then I would have to say Kaori Yuki, is awesome too! She's my favorite dark manga artist. Here stories always have an interesting presence. And the artwork is very unique amoung all the common big-eyed manga artists. I draw my eyes kind of like her. Or at least I try. XD
Back to top Go down
http://loveandwar.heavenforum.com
psyco_kid_360
Admin
psyco_kid_360

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: inspritation???   Inspiration??? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 4:33 pm

I would have to agree with Yumaii-Arume Kaori Yuki!!!! she is a huge inspiration to me! I love all her works expecially the Cain saga and angel santuary! plus i love there clothes : D

also i love tite kubo, first read zombie powder then I fell in love (i read it alot), and about a mounth ago i started to read bleach i love that too (plus i have a feirce love for shounen manga =_=Wink i like how he draws the weopons

then i abousolutly love peach-pit i have only read zombie-loan and rozen maiden but i love how he draws just about everything ^^ (at least i think its a he) i love the dresses in rozen maiden, i love the mens in zombie loan, and for some reason i love how he draws mouths??? i dont even know

pretty much my style is off of these three and a couple other mangas i liked (katekyo hitman reborn, king of thorns, chrono crusade, and acouple more) i just mush them together (stuff i liked)
Back to top Go down
CheeseIshGude
Admin
CheeseIshGude

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:22 am

Well, my style basically originated from Tokyo Mew Mew (Mia Ikumi) ;u;
I loved the big eyes and they always looked cute, so I started trying to draw them. ♥

Later on, my style changed from staring at Hatenko Yugi (Minari Endo), Hot Gimmick (Miki Aihara), and Peach-Pit. xD;
Which is why I love drawing cute clothes~ If only I had their more of their creative fashion sense... ;u;''

I'm not a big fan of Arina, but I did like Full Moon. e_e
Back to top Go down
http://www.D00DiEE-xx.deviantART.com
Bellaluna

Bellaluna

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:06 am

@ Yumaii-Arume
I've never really liked the darker mangas, but I do like the style of Kaori Yuki. It's very pretty.

@ Cheese
I loooooove Full Moon. I swear I cried so hard at least three times while reading it. My family thought I was going nuts! *is a total sap*

@Psyco
Oooo Zombie Loan had pretties. *drool* Do you follow Shugo Chara at all?
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Admin
Crystal

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 12:27 pm

I'm inspired by less-known shoujo artists. XD; Like.. Maki Minami (Special A / You're my Girlfriend), and Aya Nakahara (Lovely Complex).. They have plain but cute styles.
I guess Matsuri Hino (Vampire Knight) is also getting mixed into my style.. slowly. @_@;

Oooh. ~ I love Peach-Pit! Very Happy Well, from what I've seen of their style from Shugo Chara.. anyway.

Who here is a fan of CLAMP? It seems like everyone's crazy about them. I'm not really a fan, because the only one of their works that I really liked was CCS.
Back to top Go down
Yumaii-Arume
Admin
Yumaii-Arume

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:42 pm

Maki Minami's style is very nice. I loved reading "you're my girl friend"! It was so funny XD And she's great at expressions.

Matsuri Hino too! Have you ever read "Meru Peru"? That was that first manga I read from her...
Back to top Go down
Yumaii-Arume
Admin
Yumaii-Arume

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:10 pm

You know what other artist is amazing, Hyung-Tae Kim.

Well, usually for video game character design you find some excellent artist.

I love his coloring and clothing design. Very creative, and always so detailed. Though I really enjoy his art I can't incoorporate his style in to my own. I think it takes a lot of hard work to draw like that.
Back to top Go down
Lackadaisy

Lackadaisy

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:14 pm

Bisco Hatori, Kou Matsuzuki (Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume) Meca Tanaka (Faster than a Kiss). Their stories really inspire me. I love how they put in a lot of humor using their simplified styles while also intercepting the humor with some really pretty scenes. The flow of their stories is what I love.

Arina Tanemura's toning is wonderful, and I really like how she draws hair.

I like how Yuu Watase makes uniforms that are so original... and how her stories are original. It's not generic shoujo, and it's beautiful at the same time...

Kaori Yuki. She has such a beautiful, dark style. Have you read Ludwig Kakumei?? It's a lot more humorous than many of her works, it's a refreshing break and I really like it.

Swinging the other way towards shonen: Hoshino Katsura. The little tidbits of odd humor are great, and her style is beautiful. I'm a little sad how her drawings got simplified as time went on, but I love them anyway.

Naoshi Komi (Double Arts) and Tite Kubo are the kings of shading w/o tone.

Enough ranting... they all inspire me but I can only incorporate so much into my stories... makes me sad...
Back to top Go down
psyco_kid_360
Admin
psyco_kid_360

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 4:27 pm

Bellaluna wrote:
@ Yumaii-Arume
I've never really liked the darker mangas, but I do like the style of Kaori Yuki. It's very pretty.

@ Cheese
I loooooove Full Moon. I swear I cried so hard at least three times while reading it. My family thought I was going nuts! *is a total sap*

@Psyco
Oooo Zombie Loan had pretties. *drool* Do you follow Shugo Chara at all?
hahaha i read alittle bit but then i lost my place i may go back to read it again someday (from what i saw i liked the kitty dude lol)
Back to top Go down
Bellaluna

Bellaluna

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 5:09 pm

psyco_kid_360 wrote:
hahaha i read alittle bit but then i lost my place i may go back to read it again someday (from what i saw i liked the kitty dude lol)

Ikutooooo. I have an unhealthy love for that boy. I've only read the first three volumes of the manga, but I love the anime~
Back to top Go down
CheeseIshGude
Admin
CheeseIshGude

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 5:19 pm

LOL I'm at the latest ♥

Spoiler: First Tadase confesses, and then Ikuto gets jealous and confesses while nuzzling Amu is her bed.
Yes, I am a major Shugo Chara! fan and is up with the latest chapter. : D
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Admin
Crystal

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 5:57 pm

@ Yumaii: You're My Girlfriend is awesome! XD Too bad it isn't published in the United States / Canada. It's so short. ;A;

I'm only beginning to read Meru Puri. Her artwork is gorgeous as usual. @_@;;

Oh yeah, can't forget about Bisco Hatori. Her works are so funny!
Back to top Go down
Yoshiie

Yoshiie

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 8:53 pm

;u; lol So many inspirations. So proud of you all~! Keep working hard! >:3

To tell you the truth my inspiration started on Deviantart. My favorite artist was kurot and kaze-hime. Wonderful artists~! Then I moved to manga and the artist, Yun Kouga, the creator of "Loveless" inspired me greatly.

As well with the artist, Katsura Hoshino, the creator of D. Gray Man because his gothic way of drawing and a mix of action in there is FANTASTIC! <3 DD///: Not only that, Bleach and Reborn began to inspired me as well as the manga call "Yozakura Quartet" and the artist of the manga is Suzuhito Yasuda.

Though I like to try out different styles so I try my best to test out my abilities. XD I love doing action stories as well as romance but action and adventures is the way for me. ;__; Right now I'm working my way up to realism. XDD And I also was inspired a little by the artist of Kingdom Hearts. OuO

So yeah... :"D

My friends were also a great inspiration to me too whenever I draw with them in pchat because I learn the motives they use. XDD;;
Back to top Go down
http://yoshiie.deviantart.com
Lackadaisy

Lackadaisy

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 5:19 am

@Yoshiie: Oh, I think I know the kurot you're talking about (I mean, I've seen their art before)... it's gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Admin
Crystal

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:15 pm

Ooh!
Kaze-Hime's awesome! Her artwork is gorgeous right down to the last detail.
Speaking of online artists, I love shilin's drawings and CGing. ;u;;;

And to tbh, Natsuki was one of my main inspirations as well. XD;;
and she probably still is.. not to sound stalker-ish. x_x
Back to top Go down
Bellaluna

Bellaluna

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 2:31 pm

Yumaii-Arume wrote:
Maki Minami's style is very nice. I loved reading "you're my girl friend"! It was so funny XD And she's great at expressions.

Matsuri Hino too! Have you ever read "Meru Peru"? That was that first manga I read from her...

ZOMG. I love Meru Puri. Sooooo pretty and a great story!
Back to top Go down
CheeseIshGude
Admin
CheeseIshGude

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 11:57 pm

Crystal wrote:
Ooh!
Kaze-Hime's awesome! Her artwork is gorgeous right down to the last detail.
Speaking of online artists, I love shilin's drawings and CGing. ;u;;;

And to tbh, Natsuki was one of my main inspirations as well. XD;;
and she probably still is.. not to sound stalker-ish. x_x
*agrees hardcore* ;u;b
Back to top Go down
Crazy-Fan1
Admin
Crazy-Fan1

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 12:24 pm

wow...a lot of great insperation...
lol..mine kinda weird i guess...i'm more inspired by Tite Kubo, Bisco Hatori, C.H. Greenblatt (i guess that is where i get the off the wall humor), and Takeshi Obata.
I kinda know none of them have much in common style wise...but their art in itself is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Inspiration??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration???   Inspiration??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Inspiration???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Love & War :: GENERAL :: Chat-
Jump to: